Sunday, March 4, 2007

Flu

This is truly the most miserable bout of illness i've experienced in at least a decade. I think I did more right after having a baby. At least than I was taking care of a new born. Sinusitis leaves me pathetic for a day or so, then I can at least function with enough over the counter meds.


One thing I've found to be very pleasant is this: When heating a can of chicken noodle soup, I turned the flame to high and sipped from the broth as it was heating. The heat from the flame beneath the pot, warmed me quite nicely and kept the chills at bay as long as I stood thus. I would be thrilled to hear of any other advice.


I've been in bed almost constantly for two days now. When I've taken lots of Nyquil or Advil, I feel good enough to write in this blog, or to catch up on some reading. But with the meds come nausau and dizziness. So then I cut back on the meds and have been listening to a narration of David Copperfield. Should you listen to the story, it is really quite charming. But I would recommend not doing as I have done. Once the story was complete, I decided to google short bios on Dickens which left me feeling rather low and depressed. It would seem that authors lead childhoods of misery, not of their own making or fault, and adulthoods of misery, of their own making and fault. They fix their childhood in their stories, or vindicate their woes in some way (which I certainly don't have a problem with), but seem oblivious to the suffering they could be causing their own children. Mmmm. Back to bed....One things for certain. Once I do get out of bed, my housework will be so backed up that I won't be posting for awhile...

2 comments:

Sarah Faith said...

So sorry you are sick. Let me know if there is anything I can do! I can probably fit one car seat in my car if you need me to, or I would be happy to bring a meal or two by! Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, Sorry you are not feeling well. I have some advice though. Put 2-4 drops of hydrogen peroxide in each ear three times a day; take grape fruit seed extract; go buy oscillococcinum by Boiron, (it is a flu fighter) so the next time you get this crud you can stop it in less than one day. You have to take the osci...at the first signs of the flu to fight it fast. We have lots of fight it without those nasty meds ideas so just ask. These should help for the time being. Sincerely, MomStarr