Wednesday, October 31, 2007

That's it?

When I'm finished with prolife activism, abortion is outlawed, and I'm once again working on a history degree, I'm going to write a book.


Chapter one: Fundraising- which will in fact be a very short chapter. Mainly because since getting started in this work, I've done several fundraisers for other organizations/people, and none for myself. Quite frankly telling potential donors to write a check to you personally just seems sketchy. But I didn't want to take time to become an organization, get a board of directors, file a 501(c)3, ad infinitum, because that would take away from I want to be doing- saving mommies and babies. The bottom line is, no money, no nothing. So the Bank of Jon Hodges, where I have been withdrawing funds, has officially dried up. I think it's past dry. And filing a 501(c)3 costs...you'll never guess.....oh, you did guess- money. $1,000 clams. So I joined Prolifeunity as National Director- but the founder and President thinks like me in one respect- he would rather be saving babies than raising money with his prolife activism hours.


Well, I decided we had to get an EIN so that we could at least get a business checking account, and have checks made out to Pro-Life Unity. What a concept. Expecting it to take vast amounts of time, and at least some expense, I was happily disappointed. From the moment I called the IRS, until I left the bank, checking account accomplished- it was about 1 hour and 33 minutes. Why didn't I do that sooner!! Oh, and the best part. The fee was one I could afford- $0. I can now take checks made out to Pro-Life Unity!


I'll discuss chapter 2 later.....

No comments: