Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mind tricks

This afternoon in the school room I laughed right out loud following these events recorded just as they occurred.


I entered the bright school room, which is now, thanks to my dad, freshly painted, with a great big bookshelf along one wall, laden with antique leather bound volumes, and the school desks line up in front of the windows. The entire air of the room is wholly inspiring: the sunshine coming in, unhindered by blinds or curtains, bookshelves to the right and left, bright yellow paint on the walls and white trim. Jonathan sat at his desk thumbing through his World History volume, pausing here and there to take notes with a dutiful air. I stood and observed him for a moment, with a book in my hand.


"What are you reading?" Jonathan asked as he looked up. "Pavlov," was the answer. "I've decided that in order to insure positive results in my parenting style, I should turn to mind control." Jonathan grinned broadly and replied," The Jedi teach us that only the weak minded are influenced by mind control. I would say Caroline will prove your most responsive subject."

1 comment:

Chamaeleon said...

HAHhahhahah.

if thats not the perfect attitude for the oldest i dont know what is.

hannah g.